Tuesday 7 February 2012

Wedding jewellery and some Fimo


Today I've been busy.  I made this necklace, it's been in my head for a while, this 'floating' idea.  I made a predecessor to this for myself to wear in capri blue and crystal moonlight swarovski on illusion cord, which I found was a bit too flexible.  This one is on jewellery wire, and I'm really happy with it!




I've got a bracelet and earrings in the same colour scheme in my shop too, I really love ruby and pearls, I think it's a really classic wedding combination.  As a musician, I've played at lots of weddings and seen lots of really exciting and lovely colour schemes, but there's just something really nice about this one.  All my ruby and pearl things are in my 'Special Occasions' shop section here.




The other thing I've been doing over the last few days is experimenting with Premo Sculpey clay, like Fimo.  I've made a load of heart beads in bright colours, but I've also been making more exciting things...



This is my first little critter, I think he's a keeper.  He is about 25mm tall, so was quite fiddly for a first project but I'm pleased with him.  I also made an elephant yesterday so I'll put some pictures on once he's fully assembled and done.  I'm planning to do a beginner's tutorial on this little kitten, there are some really fantastic youtube videos on how to make more complicated things, but not as much for proper beginners, and this little fella is fairly easy, would be a great project for kids with a bit of assistance.  The one I make for the tutorial will also be available in my Etsy shop, I just haven't decided if he'll get a pin in his ear or head (ouch) to make him into a keyring, or if he'll just be a figure.



Now, what other animals can I make? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment