Wednesday 27 June 2012

Craft Fair this weekend, and a few new creations.

So at the moment I'm on a train, because my beloved car is poorly.  It's no surprise this happens though as I drive a MkII VW Polo.  I just love the thing.  It's an '88 F reg, making it about a month older than me, bright red (the only proper colour for a VW in my opinion!) and I've had it for about 3 years now.  I just love driving something different, something unusual, and it's so reliable.  It has very few problems considering the miles I do!


I don't mind the train too much, except for the little things, like when you book a table seat to get some work done and end up sat with 3 loud friends and can't concentrate despite headphones, or sat opposite a man who's clearly just smoked and smells of it, then pulls out some smelly onion rings and a can of beer.  Or when you pay for 3 hours wi-fi then your final connection train is an old one with no wi-fi anyway.  Grumble.  But hey, it gets me where I need to be, which this weekend is Dorset for a music thing.


Anyway, back on topic!  This week I've been running about like a mad thing.  I have a craft fair this weekend and am determined to make it a success :)  I've been trying to make more of my smaller items such as the cute little key rings with "Friend" or "Sister", and my Hunger Games items.  Things that might catch the eye.  I've also been making more charm necklaces, and my new hair pins!  First though, this "rescued" pendant.

It used to be a lonely earring.  I was looking around Loughborough market and happened to see it, along with a few other shiny things I bought.  It was on a pretty grubby ear hook, so I removed that, gave it a clean and put a jump ring on it.  It's so pretty I almost kept it for myself.  It looks like Mother of Pearl, it changes colour in different lights and has beautiful shades of pink, purple and blue/greens.  Really lovely, and unique, too!

The next thing is my hair pins.  These were inspired by one of the tutorials in the book I reviewed in my last post.  I was trying that out, and this design sort of "happened"!


I can see making these becoming addictive.  I might do a tutorial on them because they're really quite simple and it's actually pretty therapeutic!  :)  Just involves a lot of wire twisting!

I'm going to be making them in pink, purple and blue once my latest order of crystals arrives so watch out for those in my shop's "Special Occasions" section, here.


Last but hopefully not least, is my new beach theme Tibetan Silver charm necklace.  I like this one because it is "multi-purpose".  I think it would be gorgeous for a beach theme wedding, as bridesmaids necklaces or even for the bride!  The crystal colour could be changed to the wedding theme or birthstones, or left as is for a real beach feel.  The starfish charm is pretty and eye catching, but not too big.

I think it also serves as a lovely Hunger Games charm, for those of you (like me!!) who love the series but feel a bit old to be wearing a "Finnick" bracelet or necklace with "District 4" on it, this is a cute subtle way of showing your support for that most dashing of victors.  I also have a similar one for Katniss coming soon.  You can find those in the Tibetan Silver section, or if you want to go all out, I have name bracelets here!

If you can't decide who your favourite is, here's my subtle series fan bracelets.

Last note, for any of you who live near Lutterworth, I'll be holding a stall at the craft fair in Lutterworth Town Hall.  Entrance is from 10am, and there'll be loads of lovely handmade stuff there, so come and support local crafters - and say hi!

Oh, and I'm always looking for blogging inspiration, whether it's suggestions of books to review, or things I make you'd like a tutorial on!  Just leave me a comment and I'll see what I can do!  :)




No comments:

Post a Comment