Friday 9 March 2012

Run up to Mothers Day

Hope you're all prepared!  I've been working on a new project, but not the one I originally planned to do!  Funny how often that happens...


I started out trying to make a 'Bee Happy' necklace, but it ended up too big and I was worried the letters wouldn't be strong enough for a pendant if I made them smaller.  Instead I ended up with these!


They're fridge magnets, and I got the chance to try out my glitter varnish.  The silver one is really great, it leaves a totally smooth gloss finish with a bit of sparkle (you can just spray it again for more), I haven't really tested the iridescent one yet.  I covered everything except the wings, rainbows and gold coins with masking tape and sprayed with glitter varnish, then painted the rest with 2 coats of gloss varnish.  Painting the gloss on can be a bit streaky, the spray stuff seems like a better option so I may investigate some plain spray on varnish once I've used up what I've got.  I'm pleased with the results, and I'll definitely be making more!  Probably with names on, and I have sketched ideas for 'Hope', 'Dreams' and 'Peace'.  I'm heading up to Yorkshire on monday though for 3 weeks for a music project, so not sure how much I'll be able to do.  I'm hoping to do another tutorial, but we'll have to see what happens!  If I can't do a tutorial, I'll hopefully manage to do a book review.  I bought 3 books off amazon, two on making polymer clay models and one on metal jewellery stamping.  Really looking forward to reading them but I'm saving them til I get to Leeds!

No comments:

Post a Comment