Wednesday 11 September 2013

My latest project!

It's been a crazy summer!  When I'm not jewellery designing, I work as a musician, and the summer is festival season.  In total I've been at 6 festivals and have one more to go, performing with 5 different groups, and managed to sneak in a trip to Wales for my OH's birthday!  It's been loads of fun, but I'm glad to be home now.  Next weekend is the last camping stint for a while, so keep your fingers crossed for the weather for me... traditionally it rains at this festival.  A lot.  Between these trips I've still been playing at weddings too, so it's been a very musical summer.

But I'm back now and have been busy creating!  I ordered loads of new bits and pieces.  I'd like to share my first new piece with you as I think it's a bit special!

Rehome a Cat - By Buying Jewellery

I decided I wanted to do something a bit different, and being an animal lover with two cats of my own this project jumped out at me.  I have designed a bracelet and necklace to sell to raise money for the RSPCA's 'Rehome a Cat' project.  Here are my two furry inspirations for this!

On average, RSPCA Animal Centres in England and Wales take in around 550 cats every month – more than any other domestic animal. Some of these are injured or sick strays, some are lost pets, and some have been neglected, abused, or abandoned. It costs £8550 to rehome just 30 of these cats.

Each bracelet or necklace is made from sterling silver and genuine Swarovski crystals, and costs just £15, £5 of which is donated straight to the project.  You can see how much I have raised as I go along by checking my fundraising page.  The pieces are listed in my Etsy shop, and each time someone buys one I will donate their £5 through the page, showing their name.  I will also put a little handwritten thank you note in with each one, so they also make great presents for animal lovers too.

Of course if you would rather just donate a few pounds, or whatever you can spare, any contribution is greatly appreciated and can be donated straight through that fundraising page.


Your donation will help to:
• Cover the cost of feed and bedding to make a cats stay with us as comfortable as possible;
• Pay for the veterinary treatment and behavioural care our cats need to recover from their ordeal and be ready for rehoming
• Cover the costs of neutering, microchipping, vaccinations and other routine veterinary care of the cats before rehoming
• Develop special rehoming appeals for our longer-term residents and promote them online and through local and national media.

Plus I think they're gorgeous pieces, so not only do you get something pretty and sparkly, but you're supporting a wonderful cause!  You can purchase them direct from my Etsy shop here - 

So please share this with friends and family, and anyone you think would be interested!

No comments:

Post a Comment